Friday, October 30, 2015

A Spooky Sight Above the Tombstones

Photo date: October 25, 2015. Photographer: Mark Mahin.

The photo below shows a very unusual sight above some tombstones near the center of the picture.

spooky
I can imagine the objection that a skeptic can make: "That was just your camera strap." No, I am 100% certain that it was not my camera strap, for two reasons. The first reason is that I had my hand inside the loop of my camera strap when I took the picture, meaning this could not have been my camera strap. The second reason is that the ratio between the width of my camera strap and the length of my camera strap is about 28, but the ratio between the width of this luminous line and its length is about 40.

Below is a picture of the camera strap of the camera used to take this photo. As you can see, it looks very different from what we see above.

Below is a closeup of part of the photo above (with the Gamma correction slightly reduced). We can seem to see within part of the line a circular orb.

What we seem to have in the top photo is a photo of an orb moving incredibly fast. It cannot possibly be a photo of an insect, because insects don't move even a tenth as fast as the speed needed to produce such an effect. It also cannot be one of my hairs, as my hair is very short.

There was no fog, mist, rain, or precipitation on this night. The air quality was listed as "good" on airnow.gov.

No comments:

Post a Comment