Wednesday, May 20, 2015

Orb Swarm

Photo date: May 12, 2015. Photographer: Mark Mahin.

The photo below was taken while walking around in New York City.  I often see orbs in my photos at night, particularly when I use a full-spectrum camera as I used on this night. But what I saw below was like nothing I had seen in many hours of night photography with this camera. Suddenly there seemed more than a hundred orbs in front of me.

orb swarm
Below is another photo taken at  the same time.

The photos above were uploaded directly from the camera. Below is a photo taken at the same time (I used the IrfanView "Auto-adjust colors" menu option on the one below).

orb swarm


We see a variety of orb colors here, including purple, orange, blue, and green.

There was no fog, mist, rain, or other precipitation on this night.  The local air quality listed on airnow.gov was "good." There were no known nearby conditions that can account for the surge in orbs shown here.

No comments:

Post a Comment